PAPER PRESCRIPTIONS GO ELECTRONIC
Our practice is starting to send prescriptions electronically.
Have you nominated your preferred Pharmacy yet?
For more information pick up a leaflet in surgery or visit www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients
Electronic Prescribing Service
As you may be aware the practice is taking part in the provision of Electronic Prescribing Services for our patients. We would like you to be mindful of a small number of stipulations which may affect you before you sign up for this new service.
· If you feel you have been nominated by a Pharmacy but this is not your wish. Please speak to a member of our reception team.
· Items that are classed as a ‘controlled drugs’ cannot be sent via EPS. These items will continue to be printed on a paper prescription, therefore you need to make a decision whether electronic prescribing is suitable for you.
· Please be aware that if you have opted out completely for a summary care record or for your information to be withheld from the NHS Spine, will not be able to use the EPS service. You can opt back in at any time if you do wish to use EPS.
· Only items on your repeat slip will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
· Our prescription turnaround time will remain at 48 hours.